Attention Meaford/Leith Water Users:
The Municipality of Meaford Environmental Services Division is presently looking for volunteers who are connected to the municipal water system and are interested in having free lead samples done at their residence. Please call to set up an appointment for samples. The program will be starting now and going until April 15th 2013. If interested or looking for more information on lead contact the municipality at 519-538-1140. Environmental Services staff will contact you with more information and appointment times.
We look forward to hearing from you!!
Promote Tap Water !
Under the direction of the Overall Responsible Operator (ORO), manage the daily operations, facilities, maintenance and management of the water supply, treatment and distribution infrastructures, wells, in-ground and elevated reservoirs, booster pumping stations and pressure regulating valves, sewer collection and treatment, and solid waste management; responsible for arranging and coordinating all plant shut downs. The Municipality provides water and sewer services to approximately 2,300 Residential, Commercial and Institutional customers.
Water Treatment Plant
- - Monitor, control and optimize the water supply and treatment processes through visual inspection, laboratory testing and by monitoring the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system
- - Maintain personal logs, station logs and water supply and treatment operator logs detailing work done and process changes made in the treatment and distribution operations
- - Ensure that all data and annual compliance reports required by the various Certificates of Approval for the facilities are prepared and issued; monitor status of approval certificates and respond promptly to matters arising from periodic inspections
- - Maintain the SCADA System ensuring that all data is current and secure; monitor system levels and make proactive recommendations to ensure the capital infrastructure is in place in advance of planned growth
Water Distribution – Meaford and Leith
- - Obtain samples from various points of the distribution system, conduct tests and analyses; and prepare samples for laboratory analysis.
- - Conduct annual flushing and inspection on fire hydrants (228 hydrants)
- - Inspect and repair, as required, all watermains, valves, hydrants, water meters
- - Oversee the operation of the Meaford Wastewater Treatment Plant operated by the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) through liaison and an operational working knowledge of all aspects of wastewater treatment
- - Perform routine duties of the Municipality's sanitary sewer system, requiring basic knowledge of such trades as millwright, welding, plumbing, basic electrical work
- - Create detailed reports on all repairs conducted in order to create a performance history, and in accordance with health and safety requirements
- - Install and repair residential sewer connections and complete locates as required
- - Perform sewer camera inspections to locate problems within the collection system
Waste Management and Recycling
- - Manage the various contracts for waste collection, compost collection, transfer station operation and recycling
- - Perform all duties and requirements associated with the operation of the Leaf and Yard Composting facility
- - Complete routine sampling and reporting requirement for the closed Centre Street Landfill Site, as well as at Bognor, Woodford and Riverside Community Halls
WATER and WASTEWATER 2011 REPORTS
Please be advised that the Annual & Summary reports are available for the following facilities as per. O. Reg. 170/03 and Certificate of Approvals.
Leith Water Distribution System - Annual Summary Report 2012 (390.27 kB)
Owen Sound WTP (Leith Water) Annual Report (246.29 kB)
Meaford Wastewater Treatment Plant
Copies of these reports can be obtained free of charge at the Municipality of Meaford Administrative office:
21 Trowbridge St. W.
Chief Operator/Environmental Technologist
SANITARY SEWER FLUSHING AND VIDEO INSPECTION NOTICE
Effective Monday November 12, 2012, the Municipality of Meaford, in coordination with Pipe Vision, will be conducting annual flushing and video inspections of sanitary sewers.
Flushing and video inspections will be completed between 7:00 am. and 6:00 pm. and will occur for approximately 1 week. During this time period you may notice gurgling noises or small amounts of water bubbling in toilets.
Areas affected include: Coleman Street, Augusta Street, Ivan Street, Sykes Street, Parkview Avenue, Union Street, Centennial Heights, Louisa Street, Blake Street, Lorne Street, Farrar Street, Edwin Street West, Marshall Street West, Victoria Crescent, and Boucher Street West.
If you have any questions regarding this annual program, please contact the Municipality of Meaford at (519) 538-1060 between the hours of 8:30 am. to 4:00 pm. Monday to Friday. If you experience any issues after 4:00 pm, please call 519-538-1060 and follow Emergency Call prompts.